Up coming gigs 2014 ,for gary and other non facebookers! (1 Viewer)

Prong playing thursday.
2014-prong-724x1024.jpg

Animal fest is on next friday & Sat.
Animal Fest 2014 | Dublin

I dunno about Prong in 2014. Cleansing was the last record by them I liked,and I reckon if I heard it now for the first time I'd hate it.

Can't believe a two day fest on the weekend,and that's the first I've heard of it.

I dunno about Prong in 2014. Cleansing was the last record by them I liked,and I reckon if I heard it now for the first time I'd hate it.

Can't believe a two day fest on the weekend,and that's the first I've heard of it.

Oddly, been spinning that album, which spurned me to want to go. Did they play here before?? know they cancelled year or two back....

How was it Steo?

Just saw (on metal ireland) that Jello Biafra is doing a dj set in Thomas house on monday.

Then found out the Outcasts are playing there on nov 28th

And Graham Day & The Forefathers are playing nov 15th.

I also found out Thomas House have record markets?

Didn't go in the end. By time got home/had dinner was around 9, so not really worthwhile. also not all that into midweek gigs. Thomas house having record market is new one on me. Know the Pint did one or two, so did Whelans...

People are finding it hard to wrap their heads around the fact that we do real stuff in TH. I keep getting messages off people who think these are tribute acts or cover bands. We ran the Mercantile for the two years it was a viable venue and had an office/booked in Whelans before we took Thomas House. But honestly, is it a case of loads of people not being on facebook etc? I'm doing a lot more poster runs these days than I ever did before, and the events are going up on as many websites as I can find. Am I missing anything?

Within the last three months and some upcoming stuff.

Jello Biafra
Jerry Dammers
Graham Day & The Forefathers
The Old Firm Casuals
Control
Imelda May
Nick Oliveri
The Outcasts
Goldblade
Angelic Upstarts
Koffin Kats
And until they knocked the tour on the head I had The Dwarves

The record market is new. We are trying it out. If it works, it will be semi regular.

People are finding it hard to wrap their heads around the fact that we do real stuff in TH. I keep getting messages off people who think these are tribute acts or cover bands. We ran the Mercantile for the two years it was a viable venue and had an office/booked in Whelans before we took Thomas House. But honestly, is it a case of loads of people not being on facebook etc? I'm doing a lot more poster runs these days than I ever did before, and the events are going up on as many websites as I can find. Am I missing anything?

That's the first I've heard of people having a hard time with Thomas House doing "real stuff"

Posters are a tough one in dublin,but I still reckon they are worthwhile. Maybe someone more active in promoting gigs would say different? I also never see flyers as much,but I believe there are litter problems etc with flyers?

As for Facebook,I don't use it,so if a gig isn't posted elsewhere I may not hear about it. There have been a load of gigs I've completely missed,or heard about way too late to arrange to go. If I'm not hearing about gigs,I can't go,if I don't go,I don't hear about others etc etc,it's something of a vicious circle.
I know I'm not the only one who doesn't use facebook,and I know people always talk about wanting to use it less. I've been to plenty of gigs too where the turnout has been poor at best. I can't help but wonder how much was people not caring/too many gigs/or poor promotion.
I've also had people tell me that just because they are on facebook doesn't mean they will hear about a gig.

I'm rambling a bit,but,and this is a gripe with most promoters,is it really that hard to cut and paste the info into a thread on a couple of message boards,and then give it a couple of bumps? It's not like it costs anything,and it only takes seconds. if it gets even another 3 or 4 people in the door is it not worth it?

Its a bit of a nightmare out there at the moment, posters regularly get torn down, covered up. Corpo fine you 120E per flyer they have to pick up. Facebook means nothing unless you pay them a fortune for the event to be seen. I've been putting events into the Thumped Events section but maybe its ignored? Stuff goes up onto entertainment.ie too which means it ends up in most of the printed listings sections.
I'll try and push the events through the messageboards a little bit more.

That's the first I've heard of people having a hard time with Thomas House doing "real stuff"

Posters are a tough one in dublin,but I still reckon they are worthwhile. Maybe someone more active in promoting gigs would say different? I also never see flyers as much,but I believe there are litter problems etc with flyers?

As for Facebook,I don't use it,so if a gig isn't posted elsewhere I may not hear about it. There have been a load of gigs I've completely missed,or heard about way too late to arrange to go. If I'm not hearing about gigs,I can't go,if I don't go,I don't hear about others etc etc,it's something of a vicious circle.
I know I'm not the only one who doesn't use facebook,and I know people always talk about wanting to use it less. I've been to plenty of gigs too where the turnout has been poor at best. I can't help but wonder how much was people not caring/too many gigs/or poor promotion.
I've also had people tell me that just because they are on facebook doesn't mean they will hear about a gig.

I'm rambling a bit,but,and this is a gripe with most promoters,is it really that hard to cut and paste the info into a thread on a couple of message boards,and then give it a couple of bumps? It's not like it costs anything,and it only takes seconds. if it gets even another 3 or 4 people in the door is it not worth it?

Didn't go in the end. By time got home/had dinner was around 9, so not really worthwhile. also not all that into midweek gigs. Thomas house having record market is new one on me. Know the Pint did one or two, so did Whelans...

Fair enough.

Went to a record fair in Whelans,wasn't great. Too dark really to see the records. Been in a couple of others in pubs and again they've not been great.

What kind of sellers are expected at the Thomas House one? Dealers or just locals selling of personal collections?

Its a bit of a nightmare out there at the moment, posters regularly get torn down, covered up. Corpo fine you 120E per flyer they have to pick up. Facebook means nothing unless you pay them a fortune for the event to be seen. I've been putting events into the Thumped Events section but maybe its ignored? Stuff goes up onto entertainment.ie too which means it ends up in most of the printed listings sections.
I'll try and push the events through the messageboards a little bit more.

120e?? that's crazy!!!!

I'll be honest, I forget to look at the events section on Thumped. I do on occasion,but not as often as I maybe should. Never look at things like entertainment.ie either as there is usually way too much I'm not interested in compared to what I may be.
Having said that,it's all getting the word out in some small way.

Someone had said alright you had to pay to get the most from facebook.

I sat down with your man and told him what kind of stuff our people buy and listen to so he is trying out a few new dealers. There should be some personal collections there too. We will be well lit. AND the barber will be in so you can get your hair cut if you want. Also that night Jerry Dammers (The Specials / 2 Tone records) will be DJing in the basement so should be a good day / night.

OLD FIRM CASUALS (USA)
CONTROL (UK)
RUNNIN' RIOT (NI)
SKELETON CREW (IRE)

24th August 2014
Tickets E15 AVAILABLE FROM THOMAS HOUSE NOW.

on the FRIDAY same line up in MR BRADLEY's IN cork 23rd. only the jollars (instead of skeleton crew

Date for your diary Cork Punks Picnic saturday september 20th. Picnic 2 to 6 on northside followed by gig in LVs function room details to follow.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back