The people I work with (1 Viewer)

I like the people I work with too. Nerds are actually sound, mostly nice to each other and accepting of people who aren't exactly like them (for instance me). Also I hadn't spent time in a predominantly male environment since secondary school until I started this job, and I still (3 years on) am amazed at how easygoing a group of guys can be when there's no women around to have to impress. Guy nerds like, I suspect there are other groups of men I'd feel less at ease in
Nerds are nice but the lack of females in here kills me from time to time. Who wants to look at a bunch of guys all day everyday. Nobody

So 7 did you drink all the hooch or what?

The finance/hr person sent around a greeting card for us all to sign for a colleague who has had a baby

with the strict instruction we had to use the biro provided..we were not , in any circumstances to use any other pen

That's some control freakery

I just spent an hour composing an email justifying my use of the word "cog" over their newly preferred word "icon".

sake.

Last edited:
The finance/hr person sent around a greeting card for us all to sign for a colleague who has had a baby

with the strict instruction we had to use the biro provided..we were not , in any circumstances to use any other pen

That's some control freakery
I was reading a bit about Ivor Callely since his recent conviction. Apparently he made a big thing with his annual Christmas cards. I found this quote hilarious
His last one was never sent because Bertie gave him the boot after it emerged that a building company which did work for the Eastern Health Board – Ivor was chairman at time – had painted his house for free. It would have featured Ivor and family and two Santa Clauses posing in the Dublin Port Tunnel, which was being constructed at the time.

"dear new pen pal, my name is Ivor Callelly - ex maFFia TD, I'm 56 years old, and I've been in prison for three days. In this hell hole I've had my ass kicked so many times, my ass has foot prints in it. But you know what? I think I'm going to make it. At least I know it cant possibly get any worse. Anyway... thanks for listening. I'll have to sign off now, as someone is pissing on me. Your new friend; Ivor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back