galway record shops? (1 Viewer)

bell book and candle is pretty much it.

charity store diving. haven't been in HMV yet.

was at bell book and candle a few months ago. not a huge selection of vinyl but an interesting one nonetheless. picked up ben folds five Lp whatever and ever amen for 15 euro. great condition. thing sells online for upwards of 70. definitely worth a visit. yer man was dead on too. great selection of irish indies

Doubt I'll get a chance to hunt out the charity shops,but I'll make an effort to hit bell book.....

Thanks

was at bell book and candle a few months ago.definitely worth a visit. yer man was dead on too. great selection of irish indies

Ray Cuddihy runs the Irish independent distro there. Wingnut - they have a few similar shops around the country. He'll occasionally stock the odd independent release from the UK. Picked up that Giraffe Running cd in there.
He's a very good lad. As is the guy who owns that place - Deacy, I think. Same as the butchers on Shop St. They're related to Eamon "Chick" Deacy who played for Aston Villa in the early 80s.

Anyway, I don't think there's enough interest in Galway to sustain any record stores. The charity shops were always terrible when I was there - for anything.

There's a general stench of inertia about the place.

Well,nothing for me.

Bell Book seemed like stuff could turn up,and If I'd more time there was a few more boxes i could have looked though,maybe next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back