What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Went to that Finding Vivian Maier doc. Interesting back story I guess, but I didn't really care for the "why didn't she make her talent known" angle.
Her photo's are fantastic though.

This was entertaining and I loved the soundtrack/score.

Sonatine (1993) "Several yakuza from Tokyo are sent to Okinawa to help end a gang war. The war escalates and the Tokyo drifters decide to lay low at the beach."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Beat Takeshi rules

This was entertaining and I loved the soundtrack/score.

Sonatine (1993) "Several yakuza from Tokyo are sent to Okinawa to help end a gang war. The war escalates and the Tokyo drifters decide to lay low at the beach."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This classic Yazuka flick is coming up soon in the IFI - looks very cool
Irish Film Institute -BRANDED TO KILL (OPENS JULY 25TH)

220px-Prisoners2013Poster.jpg

brilliant. really enjoyed this. did not notice the 2 and a half hours roll by

Begin Again (from your man who made Once, starring Keira Knightley, music by Gregg Alexander). they should've held off on releasing it until Gregg Alexander or someone else managed to write a memorable song for it. inoffensive for the most part but totally forgettable.

Watched The Lego movie for the second time last night. So good. Smarter and funnier than 99% of adult comedies released this year.
Apart from the weird live action bit at the end when it gets all touchy feely. That bit was lame.

Does he only make one sort of movie?

Is Knightly the Hansard in this?

looks pretty offensive to me!

She breaks up with her pop star boyfriend and gets discovered by a down on his luck A&R man after James Corden drags her up on stage at an open mic night. everyone becomes happier thanks to the power of music. music is great!

maybe I should've said "not as offensive as it could've been".

I saw that. It was bollocks. I mostly watched it so that I could laugh at all the bullshit in it. Like using a 4-input digital interface to simultaneously record drums, vocals, guitar, bass, keyboard, violin, and cello in the street and it all sounding fine. "Just turn the guitar up a bit there!"

Despite all of the above, yer man Mark Ruffalo is a pretty good actor

Snowpiercer. Hilarious. The version I watched didn't have subtitles for the Korean dudes (they were Korean right?) so we had to guess what shit they were on about at points. My guesses were pretty good.

We decided that the film would have been completely amazing if they were trying to get to the front of the train for a year, and when they got to the front it was actually connected on to the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back