Summer transfer window 2014 (1 Viewer)

Yeah, and a chance to see the new Arsenal kit, which is rank, I'm sorry to say.

I haven't bought an Arsenal shirt since the 90's so it doesn't bother me that much. Apparently the retail version is a bit looser which will be good news for fatsos.

Ugly kits should be a bonding point though, Warrior have lumbered Liverpool with some stinkers.

I haven't bought an Arsenal shirt since the 90's so it doesn't bother me that much. Apparently the retail version is a bit looser which will be good news for fatsos.

Ugly kits should be a bonding point though, Warrior have lumbered Liverpool with some stinkers.
Including one with blue on it!!!! Fucking blue!!!! That's sacrilege.

too right, but at least you can't see the nips. That's a bridge too far.

Including one with blue on it!!!! Fucking blue!!!! That's sacrilege.
Adidas did the one with blue on it. The Standard Chartered colours, as it happens. They paid a fair few millions for the privilege. So much for tradition, eh?

Looks like Arsenal are signing David Ospina, the Colombia goalie. 25, an international, probably doesn't intend on sitting on the bench.

Us, City and Chelsea seem to be adopting a tactic of having 2 good goalies to push each other for the starting spot rather than have a clear #1. Swansea too to a lower standard with Vorm and Fabianski.

Looks like Arsenal are signing David Ospina, the Colombia goalie. 25, an international, probably doesn't intend on sitting on the bench.

Us, City and Chelsea seem to be adopting a tactic of having 2 good goalies to push each other for the starting spot rather than have a clear #1. Swansea too to a lower standard with Vorm and Fabianski.
We've got Tim Howard and ... prayers

I wonder does this thing work ?

lpHi-T-N

Handy auld tool for discussing your teams line up.

Here's Arsenal looking solid.

Goal.com

Way nicer to look at than the usual shite we post on here.

They still have Pepe and Ramos at the back so they're still beatable. Plus remember the Gallacticos ? That project was only completed in 2002 when they got Ronaldo and they never really won anything. La Liga but fuck all else.

They didn't seem to have an out and out defensive midfielder last season and did alright, but that probably had a lot to do with Di Maria's willingness to run forever, even though he's an attacking player I think that without him they'll be a lot more vulnerable.

Khedira and particularly Modric are Real's 'defensive' midfielders. And there's Xavi Alonso too. Modric had some stat last season like he had made more tackles than anyone else in Spain or something. Basically for Real, Modric plays in the middle of the pitch and his job is to pass the ball to Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria, or Bale, and win the ball back if the opposition gets it. He did very well at this job last season. Modric is a class player.

They didn't seem to have an out and out defensive midfielder last season and did alright, but that probably had a lot to do with Di Maria's willingness to run forever, even though he's an attacking player I think that without him they'll be a lot more vulnerable.
Without him ?

Edit: This again, I feel for the poor bastard really. He was reportedly being tossed aside last summer as a bargaining chip in the Bale saga, he was their best player last season and now he's being reportedly tossed aside again. Then again maybe he's the one starting all the rumours. Anyway I'll believe it when I see it. Selling him would be a huge mistake. But there again how many times have Real made that exact mistake ? You'd think having the man that said "Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?" on the bench would make a difference but, such is football.

Last edited:
Khedira and particularly Modric are Real's 'defensive' midfielders. And there's Xavi Alonso too. Modric had some stat last season like he had made more tackles than anyone else in Spain or something. Basically for Real, Modric plays in the middle of the pitch and his job is to pass the ball to Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria, or Bale, and win the ball back if the opposition gets it. He did very well at this job last season. Modric is a class player.
Yeah Modric and Alonso sit a bit deeper with Di Maria pretty much going box to box. Can't see how Isco, or Rodriguez fit that system but sure fuck it that's one of those good problems. Surely they have to get two new centre halves though. How many more times does Pepe have to disgrace them before they get rid of him ? On the other hand Veranne looks even better than in his first season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back