ALDI (1 Viewer)

The great thing about Aldi/Lidl is that, I've gotten to try things that I otherwise wouldn't have, sometimes I leave with shopping that makes me look like I'm pregnant. If they sold lickable coal it would complete the look perfectly so here's some examples. and post your recommendations

13042_2011-11-24-11-30-06.jpg

Feta Cheese - My family seems to believe there are two types of cheese - easy singles and cheddar. I tried Feta on a whim and it blew my tastebuds balls off. Never would have gotten it in Dunnes because it would have been too expensive. Fucking love Feta now but Lidl's one is the best really sharp tasting and crumbly without being dry. Basically class.

Rp_Fresh_Fish_PD_1c6db6fe65.jpg

Mackrell - Particularly the peppered ready to eat things. They cost something like €1.70 for three halves of a fish. It's the strongest tasting thing I've ever had, as in you taste if for about 4 hours and smell it for three days but damn if it aint powerful.

product-10561487.jpg

Peppers stuffed with greek cheese - The type of thing you usually see served in it's own wicker basket on a bed of straw in Fallon and Byrne for a tenner . Not in Lidl though, nope they look rotten, and come in an offensive plastic box filled with oil. They are amazing, salty sharp and yet the cheese balances the whole thing out. You have to eat them over the sink and you will get a face full of oil but they're great.

296189_DULANO-Mini-Frikadellen_xxl.jpg

Frikadellen - It's like a pork schnitzel with some bizarre spices that make it taste like an old world spice burger. Another of those ready to eat lads I don't recommend eating it cold though.

Aldi's website must be shit because this is all I could find of it in photo form
dscn0450.jpg

Bottom left there.

Chorizo - It's fucking everywhere now but when I got this first it was a whole new kind of meat. I think Lidl is okay one but the spicy one from Aldi is really good.

435-main-img.jpg

Salami- Specifically this one.

I can't explain how much of this I ate during college. It's a fucking log of meat. A LOG OF MEAT!!!! You can burn the shit out of it and it's still amazing. Really salty and spicy. and it comes in a handy log design. Amazing.

JamesCookRum.jpg

James Cook Genuine Over Seas Rum - Yes no matter where you are in the world this came from somewhere else, or was brewed on a boat, probably in international waters to avoid any adherence to safety standards. Prior to the Lidl and Aldi takeover I'd never tasted rum. It seemed a bit classy a bit expensive a bit out of my league. I never got passed the Jameson/Smirnoff cartel that was Dublin off licenses in the 90's. This shit was €11 a bottle at one stage during college. Best not have any plans for about a week after drinking it though it is. And it does make you absolutely power house drunk, pure hulk, like. Great going down but it pickles your insides you need to gorge on antacids for days after it, and the hangover is a mxture of a brain tumour a boot in the bollox, temporary blindness and what would be manic depression if you had the energy to be manic. It's a bit like an acid binge in a way but €11 for a bottle ? C'mon who needs insides at that price ?

Biered_Or_2334995b.jpg

Biere d'Dor

The undisputed King of the Barbecue. Makes you feel a bit classier because you're drinking from a bottle, a small bottle, like a gent. This shit goes down like water and with only 4 decent gulps in a bottle you go through them at a ridiculous rate. Get's you a merry ind of light stomached drunk so you can lash into the burgers as you go. You get 24 of them but on several occasions I've had to go back for more. Light and not too dry. I'm salivating just thinking about them. Plus if even one lad is drinking them at a party you're never more than a few inches from an ashtray. Fucking Loves!!!

In conclusion Aldi/Lidl are the Ryanair of food. Sure it's basic but sure it's cheap I never would have been to Berlin as many times as I have without Ryanair and I never would have dislocated my shoulder as many times without James Cook Genuine Overseas Rum. Thanks Aldi/Lidl.

Thaldi/Thidl

This brought a tear to my eye.

bravo

I've been eyeballing them bottles of gin in Lidl ..that is some fucking deal.

If I thought I could spread it out over two nights I'd go for it big time.

But I'd only drink it in one go and make a show of myself on the internet.

And here..Iceland is WAYYYY fucking pikier than ALL OTHER SHOPS combined.Have you been to Iceland?

Frozen sausage rolls as far as the eye can see..behind which are frozen deserts,behind which are frozen curries

mind you I got a whistly kettle up there last week

I don't endorse that image, I just thought it was funny

In fact I was looking for the version that says "Aldi, when you're too pikey for Lidl" I saw one time

296189_DULANO-Mini-Frikadellen_xxl.jpg

Frikadellen - It's like a pork schnitzel with some bizarre spices that make it taste like an old world spice burger. Another of those ready to eat lads I don't recommend eating it cold though.

I really like those, but I don't get them often as I assume they are fucking terrible for you.

I am a fan of the Kabanosi too. The Polish sausage.

The mini frikkadellens are lovely if ya lash them into a spag bol

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back