What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Finally watched Martha Marcy May Marlene, thought it was really great. Elizabeth Olsen was perfect.

MMMM-Elizabeth-Olsen.jpg

Cheap Thrills. Pitch black comedy in the mould of Very Bad Things. Dark, grisly, misanthropic and very funny.
6122559_orig.jpg

Watched this last night.Was amusing enough..6/10

I followed it with The Kings Of Summer..which was mildly diverting but I turned it off half way through cos i was bored..will finish it though.Great soundtrack though

ANd tonight I watched Snowpiercer(thanks to this thread)

Absolutely SUPERB!

8/10

Been meaning to download Snowpiercer for ages, I heard it's amazing
Best movie I've seen in ages

Switch your brain off and go with it

its like..a load of nazi types and junkie disco koreans and shit on a big futuristic nuclear train yoke thats powered by babies in the snow in the future..aww yeah

What a story.And made deadly.The effects are tasteful for the most part

except for the inside of the big insect squisher..that shit was pure Lawnmower Man 3

Watched Zombieland last night for the first time since the cinema. 9/10. Top class, making quick great films should always be this good. (Hello Doom dickfuckers.)

Then the Wicker Man was starting on itv3 just as it finished. Watched it with a couple of beers. I don't think there is another film quite like it. If i was the kind of cunt that got dressed up at Halloween I'd dress up like Lord Summerisle as the man-woman, every single year. 10 out of motherfucking 10.

Gonna spend €1.99 now and watch rise of the planet of the apes on upc.

Watched Zombieland last night for the first time since the cinema. 9/10. Top class, making quick great films should always be this good. (Hello Doom dickfuckers.)

Then the Wicker Man was starting on itv3 just as it finished. Watched it with a couple of beers. I don't think there is another film quite like it. If i was the kind of cunt that got dressed up at Halloween I'd dress up like Lord Summerisle as the man-woman, every single year. 10 out of motherfucking 10.

Gonna spend €1.99 now and watch rise of the planet of the apes on upc.
I'm gonna have to watch that shit agian

I love the bit where yer wan is dancing about all sexy with the mad folk music

Tatie Danielle (1990) This reminded me how badly everyone dressed in the late 80s early 90s. Apart from it being dated visually, it was rather funny. People can be horrible.

"A black comedy about a widow who is intent on ruining the lives of her great-nephew and his wife. Tsilla Chelton plays the title character, who mourns the death of her husband by tormenting everyone she meets."

649.jpg

Tatie Danielle (1990) This reminded me how badly everyone dressed in the late 80s early 90s. Apart from it being dated visually, it was rather funny. People can be horrible.

"A black comedy about a widow who is intent on ruining the lives of her great-nephew and his wife. Tsilla Chelton plays the title character, who mourns the death of her husband by tormenting everyone she meets."

649.jpg

That sounds great!

Boyhood by Richard Linklater

Slightly too long at 2 hrs 46 mins, but it lives up to the hype and the life-long concept wasn't distracting at all. Great performances throughout and seeing the younger Patricia Arquette was nostalgic. Also amusing to see how little Ethan Hawke has aged physically over the 12 year period. He was very good in it.

MV5BMTYzNDc2MDc0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTcwMDQ5MTE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Boyhood by Richard Linklater

Totally overhyped and a dangerous film with the reaction it is generating.
Ethan Hawke is really good, and maybe the only character of the lot with a brain.

The film is getting rave reviews because of the concept and execution, but the plot is conformist and whatever 'messages' there may be are cliched and nothing new.
The whole thing is designed to inspire a particular set of emotions in people, in a fairly manipulative manner in my opinion, but it fails to really ask any meaningful questions, the worst thing being that it comes close to doing so on occasion but then quickly steers away from that territory.

Interesting idea, poor plot, some gammy acting, and basically oblivious to the problems that the film actually does highlight unintentionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back