The World Cup (1 Viewer)

FIFA getting it wrong again

BBC Sport - World Cup 2014: Fifa announces Golden Ball shortlist

For me Mascherano should win it. Best player in that side by a mile. He is their captain. Messi is there as a gesture.

But come on lads ? Messi hasn't set the world on fire, Di Maria was absolutely shocking in two matches where he couldn't find a team mate for love nor money and surely Tim Howard should have a look in having set a record for most saves and still has the most saves in the tournament as a whole in spite of being knocked out early.

Even though they didn't go far enough in the competition I'd have a spot for Cuadrado, Marquez, Vidal or Medel. Possibly Ron Vlaar and definitely Wesley Sneijder who didn't put a foot wrong until he missed his penalty.

I've a tenner on Holland to win today..both sides scoring.

4/1 ..I reckon its decent value

The commentary on RTE 2 for this has ben the best I've heard yet

Its fucking hilarious.the lads are just having a laugh

Here, does anyone know about this shit.

Right, last World Cup was the World Cup of Vuvuzela, so we can't compare with it.

Anyway, it seems to me this World Cup, every time a team goes near the opposition net, you get this huge high-pitched screaming straight away. Like, as if the crowd is almost all women. Surely there is loads of this in the Brazil match right now.

So my question, does this seem odd to anyone else? I've been watching football all my life, and don't ever remember those cascades of anticipation sounding anywhere near as high-pitched as they have done at this world cup. Am I imagining this, or is it a real thing? Anyone?

So my question, does this seem odd to anyone else? I've been watching football all my life, and don't ever remember those cascades of anticipation sounding anywhere near as high-pitched as they have done at this world cup. Am I imagining this, or is it a real thing? Anyone?

I remember Sid Lowe talking about this. Someone had asked why there's a high-pitched "EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!" sound in La Liga matches when there's a goal scoring opportunity instead of the traditional English language deeper sounding "OOOOOOhhhhhhhh!!!"

He said that the above mentioned just happens to be the linguistic equivalent of its English counterpart and happens to be higher pitched. I presume it's the same in Portuguese.

Anyone who has had sex successfully with women (or men) from the two regions and continents will recognise this also. Brazilians give you an "oiiii", like as if Gary Bushell is going to pop out of the wardrobe and espouse the virtues of Sham69 to you, while English speakers prefer the huskier "ohhh" or "oooohhh".

I had to choose bewtween Winner and informative for that

C'mon Germany!

I have it all on the krauts

If they do the biz I get 150 smackers

C'mon Germany!

Absolutely, and Ochoa as well. What the fuck is Romero doing there?

The Iran game?

Team of the tournament folks? Am tempted to pick Neuer at centre back, fullbacks are hard to pick this time around, Darmien had a great game against England and then Italy fucked it all up, probably should be Lahm but he only played 2 games there, Vertongen did okay aside from the first match

Navas

some guy ummm Zabeleta, Garay, Yepes, some other guy ... Kuyt

Mascherano, Kheidiera, Kroos

Messi, Muller, James

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back