The talking about Arsenal FC thread (1 Viewer)

Gary Fucking Caldwell. That's all.

They took penalties like seasoned, cool-headed pros who knew exactly what needed to be done in that situation. Why the fuck can't they play the match like that?

Was a little worried before today's game, thought a combination of fatigue and West Ham being horrible to play against was a recipe for dropped points but after taking about 30 minutes to get going we played some nice stuff. Giroud's first touch for his goal was really good.

Kallstrom did okay for a lad with a broken back.

is that good news or bad news?

If it were up to me I'd offer him a renewal, I think there's been some progression this season. After how the first half of the season it's a little disappointing that it looks like we'll finish outside the top 3, but it's hard to account for the form Liverpool have been in.

I recognise that there's good arguments for him to go as well though.

jesus, im surprised that people might not want him to renew. with a full season-fit ramsey and walcott this year it clearly would have been a different story for arsenal. if they make top 4 and splash a bit of cash this summer and keep big players fit i reckon they can compete with liverpool next year...heh heh

not buying a striker though, or a fast midfielder. Even when walcott was injured. you have a slow lad up front who is there to lay it off and no one to make the run, and everyone can see it, but you think nah, no value here, let's spend 4 months playing behind the ball instead. i do like arsene but remember his teams used to get 10 reds a season? why they no care anymore?

jesus, im surprised that people might not want him to renew. with a full season-fit ramsey and walcott this year it clearly would have been a different story for arsenal. if they make top 4 and splash a bit of cash this summer and keep big players fit i reckon they can compete with liverpool next year...heh heh

It's like watching someone get a magic trick right once and then fuck it up ten times a row after it.
Who wants to keep watching that?

It's like watching someone get a magic trick right once and then fuck it up ten times a row after it.
Who wants to keep watching that?
but the alternative might be to bring in some dude who has performed magic somewhere else before at a smaller venue but ends up doing fucking it up on the big stage. arsenal were victims of bad injuries this year. you can see with the utd situation how there isn't a whole pile of grade A candidates available to take over these bigger clubs at the moment. i'd stick with him anyway

not buying a striker though, or a fast midfielder.

I'm surprised that Oxlade Chamberlain didn't get more game time in the second half of the season, he's not as fast as Walcott, but not many are. When the fastest attacking player in the side for nearly half the season was Rosicky, who I think is brilliant but is approaching his mid-30's then you've got a major issue.

but the alternative might be to bring in some dude who has performed magic somewhere else before at a smaller venue but ends up doing fucking it up on the big stage. arsenal were victims of bad injuries this year. you can see with the utd situation how there isn't a whole pile of grade A candidates available to take over these bigger clubs at the moment. i'd stick with him anyway

Handled right, with all the warning in the world, United could have had almost anyone.
They chose a lightweight. It wasn't for a paucity of candidates that it blew up in their face.
Most of Arsene's problem has been his squad turnover and lack of killer instinct when it counted.
He's not anywhere near enough of a cunt. And his side too often play like it.

I'm surprised that Oxlade Chamberlain didn't get more game time in the second half of the season, he's not as fast as Walcott, but not many are. When the fastest attacking player in the side for nearly half the season was Rosicky, who I think is brilliant but is approaching his mid-30's then you've got a major issue.

Rosicky is a great player still, one of the only ones playing for Arsenal that really looks like he gives his all every game

Arsenal have an injury crisis every season.There's clearly a problem somewhere, be it recruitment or training.

Arsenal have an injury crisis every season.There's clearly a problem somewhere, be it recruitment or training.

Arsene has said on numerous times, and it's amazing that he has't learned by now, that he knew a player was in the injury "red zone" when he got hurt but played him anyway becasue he needed him or he was in good form, this year it was Ramsey.

Yeah but he's also recently claimed that for some reason Arsenal haven't properly calibrated the red zone, possibly due to supplements the players are taking on the sly?

It's a bit of a circular argument. He won't strengthen the squad because it's strong enough, provided there are no injuries to more than 2 key players. Except it has more injuries because he's not resting key players who need rest, because he hasn't got enough strength in the squad. But he won't strengthen the squad because it's strong enough, provided there are no injuries to...

3157a092-c1fd-4b58-bfec-b6ccb456da10-460x276.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back