Game of Thrones Season 4 - EXPECT SPOILERS (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 653
  • Views 41K
  • Watchers 8
- Glad Littlefinger's back, with a ghostship to boot. The accent is great so shut up. Gillen, Charles Dance, and Prince Oberyn are the ones who seem to most enjoy the hammyness of the whole thing, and I think it should only be encouraged

- Dany's white-messiah thing is dull and tiresome. And Dario taking down the champion was too predictable, the whole Indiana Jones v the swordsman thing is over. Something mental better happen in Mereen.

- The rape of Cersei was totally gratuitous and weird. Unless it is recognised as rape and becomes a storyline in itself as Jaime goes nuts. But I just can't see that happening. I thought they were trying to make him a face, and it seems like they've fucked it up. That comment by the director that Cersei actually is consenting by the time he has pinned her down and taken his trousers off is dodgy-as-fuck.

- So Tywin's going to give Oberyn a fight with the Mountain and that's him happy... But does Oberyn really just accept his word that he didn't have anything to do with the rape and murder of his sister? I doubt it. So is the point that Dorne will be realistic, and form an alliance with the crown against the threats from the north and the east?

- Glad Littlefinger's back, with a ghostship to boot. The accent is great so shut up. Gillen, Charles Dance, and Prince Oberyn are the ones who seem to most enjoy the hammyness of the whole thing, and I think it should only be encouraged

- Dany's white-messiah thing is dull and tiresome. And Dario taking down the champion was too predictable, the whole Indiana Jones v the swordsman thing is over. Something mental better happen in Mereen.

- The rape of Cersei was totally gratuitous and weird. Unless it is recognised as rape and becomes a storyline in itself as Jaime goes nuts. But I just can't see that happening. I thought they were trying to make him a face, and it seems like they've fucked it up. That comment by the director that Cersei actually is consenting by the time he has pinned her down and taken his trousers off is dodgy-as-fuck.

- So Tywin's going to give Oberyn a fight with the Mountain and that's him happy... But does Oberyn really just accept his word that he didn't have anything to do with the rape and murder of his sister? I doubt it. So is the point that Dorne will be realistic, and form an alliance with the crown against the threats from the north and the east?
Yeah I enjoyed it too despite myself. So ridiculous, he hasn't sounded so diddley-eye before now has he (even though his voice-over was equally daft)? Is that him relaxing his Queen's English after leaving King's Landing? There's a bit of Welsh in there also. Surely there's a hammy tipping point though that must be fast approaching?

Yep, he's boring. I take it they've cut the character of Strong Belwas from the books then? Can anyone confirm/deny?

Very shocking. Not sure where they're going to go from the Rape in the Sept as it's such a deviation from the books. At least it's keeping those ahead of the show on their toes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was offering to give up the Mountain. As in give him his bones?

Yeah I enjoyed it too despite myself. So ridiculous, he hasn't sounded so diddley-eye before now has he (even though his voice-over was equally daft)? Is that him relaxing his Queen's English after leaving King's Landing? There's a bit of Welsh in there also. Surely there's a hammy tipping point though that must be fast approaching?

Yep, he's boring. I take it they've cut the character of Strong Belwas from the books then? Can anyone confirm/deny?

Very shocking. Not sure where they're going to go from the Rape in the Sept as it's such a deviation from the books. At least it's keeping those ahead of the show on their toes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was offering to give up the Mountain. As in give him his bones?

No tipping point, he'll just get closer and closer to whispering without actually whispering, and next week will introduce a bit of scottish, then a bit of Breton the week after, just hoarser and hoarser. That's my theory.

Haven't read the books. But I enjoy reading the comparisons with the books online, on an episode-by-episode basis.

My impression was that Tywin is only going to arrange a 'meeting' with the Mountain for a discussion about what happened, and that this will turn into a spectacular swordfight towards the end of the series. Anyway who would he get to kill the Mountain? Whole armies haven't managed it. I think.

Yeah had seen that alright. Pity. Apparently he doesn't like the attention at all. And I don't just mean the pseudo-hate. Don't think he's comfortable with celebrity as far as I've heard.

Yeah had seen that alright. Pity. Apparently he doesn't like the attention at all. And I don't just mean the pseudo-hate. Don't think he's comfortable with celebrity as far as I've heard.

Dealing with celebrity might be easier if everyone loves your character.
But even then, maybe not.
My sister saw Pauline McLynn on a RyanAir flight a while back and the amount of people doing Mrs. Doyle-isms at her was, well, it was non-stop.
Who wants that in their life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back