new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

I've not been convinced by Mou at Chelsea this year at all, in that he doesn't look like his heart is in it. His rhetoric has been decidedly worse as well. Who was it said he's going from the guy we love to hate to the guy we hate? He's actually doing that. His agenda is either: get sacked, and he may have seen that Moyes was dead man walking a month into his job or : make it clear to Abramovich that the squad is old and useless and he needs x amount of billions to make it workable. But given FFP and that, that's not likely either.

Having said that, would he want the debacle at united right now?

As for how City fans might feel, fuck them. The game at Anfield that they should have been really concerned about has come and gone. Tough titties. Go and spend a few hundred million quid, that'll cheer you up.

I actually get the feeling that maybe Moaninho is just fed up with how football is being ruled by money (meaning that he will always have some rich dude telling him to buy this player, sell that player, etc.) and very few high-level managers really get any kind of true independence these days.

Ramires out for the season. Terry and Cech out now as well. Torres to get a last minute own goal ? The way things are going for you lot at the moment you'll all probably find a tenner on the ground at half time as well.

They're already selling premier league winners 2013-2014 t-shirts on Henry street.

Potential "weakened" Chelsea side for Sunday, accounting for injuries and players suspended/cup tied for the second leg who you'd think will definately play.

Schwarzer

Azpilicueta
Ivanovic (fresh from being suspended in the first leg)
Cahill
Cole

Mikel (suspended)
Lampard (suspended)
Matic (cup tied)

Salah (cup tied)
Schurrle
Torres

Oscar didn't play on Tuesday either, there's Ba and Eto'o as well, they'll have a decent side out.

Rodgers should be calling this for the bollocks it is.

"José is a winner, he won't give up. There are certainly no mind games on behalf of him to me, he knows me well enough to know it wouldn't bother me one iota what he says or does.

"I've seen some stuff saying a weakened team will be played, but that is hugely disrespectful to their players if they are deemed to be the weaker ones in the squad.

"Whatever team they put out will have cost more than ours and will be more experienced. It is difficult because they have the game in the week and there is no doubt if they played the same team on Sunday and Wednesday there is a cost.

"You saw it with Manchester City. When they played us it was a really intense game, and I think Manuel [Pellegrini] felt on the Wednesday when they played Sunderland they had a real cost and ended up drawing the game."

Classic Rodgers, implying that the Chelsea team on Sunday have been dissed by their manager. Remember the time he said he was shocked Moyes described Liverpool as favourites for a match at Old Trafford because he'd never, ever say that about a team coming to Anfield. Classic Rodgers.

Most Premiership clubs would sell their grannies to have a squad like that on the pitch!
images

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back