new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Well, if England still think Wazza is a guaranteed starter, they're fucked. No amount of Sterlings is gonna change that.

so, cech and terry definitely out for the weekend, and rest of season. (terry might be fit if they reach european cup final).

doesn't mean result of any sort is in the bag but without those 2 they are always more vulnerable. especially with luiz playing centre back. schwartzer is a very decent keeper, has had some unbelievable clean sheets over the years but will have a not so solid partnership in front of him

if hazard isn't fit they're missing a huge part of the team

Cech always liked the big games. Anyway, there'll be six inches between Schwartzer and the defence. I'll take the 0-0 now.

For me, this is just typical Mourinho bollocks. There's no way he'd advertise any conscious intention to play a weakened team if he was really going to do it, because with the Chelsea squad being as good as it is, he could just do it and no one would be able to prove it. He's aware he can be punished for it. The medium is the message here. By raising it, he sends a message to the Premier League and an early excuse, and is perhaps trying to psych Liverpool into some sort of jitters, or to devalue the title if they do win it. Rodgers will be telling the team to disbelieve it and any sensible City fan will say the same thing

with the Chelsea squad being as good as it is, he could just do it and no one would be able to prove it.

true. I would imagine suspended players such as Mikel and Lampard are guaranteed starters now. as is Cole since Ivanovic will be back for Athletico tie. who clearly are not weak players. The big hitters like Willian and Ramires will be on the bench Sunday also surely

Still no word on Ramires being banned for the slap, he fucking well should be.

Mikel and Matic (cup tied) will almost certainly play, that's a solid deep midfield line. Luiz did us some damage with his distribution from midfield last time, but will probably not play or be dropped to defence. Hazard still out, that's something as he cut through our midfield at Christmas.

But Salah is also cup tied and will definitely play on the wing against Flanno and/or Johnson - especially if we play a diamond, because we are vulnerable when they go forward, but too narrow when they don't. Who else attacking? Schurrle, probably, and Oscar or Willian behind Ba or Eto'o (Torres is still a liverpool fan).

You'd have to say that the only 'weakened' team they could play is one with Lampard in the attacking midfield line in place of Oscar, Schurrle or Willian. Chelsea don't have a weak player of those available, and that's why Mourinho's getting in the excuses.

Still no word on Ramires being banned for the slap, he fucking well should be.

Mikel and Matic (cup tied) will almost certainly play, that's a solid deep midfield line. Luiz did us some damage with his distribution from midfield last time, but will probably not play or be dropped to defence. Hazard still out, that's something as he cut through our midfield at Christmas.

But Salah is also cup tied and will definitely play on the wing against Flanno and/or Johnson - especially if we play a diamond, because we are vulnerable when they go forward, but too narrow when they don't. Who else attacking? Schurrle, probably, and Oscar or Willian behind Ba or Eto'o (Torres is still a liverpool fan).

You'd have to say that the only 'weakened' team they could play is one with Lampard in the attacking midfield line in place of Oscar, Schurrle or Willian. Chelsea don't have a weak player of those available, and that's why Mourinho's getting in the excuses.

completely forgot about cup-tied lads, good call. fuck you mourinho you prick. Really hope they get Arsenalesque killing

Collective groans in from Chelsea fans when Mikel was on yesterday.

Has his form been that bad?
Form ? Mikel doesn't do form. Players like Ronaldo or Messi have form. Mikel just is. He's like rain or famine. Mikel is Mourinho's anti-football bat signal. As soon as you see his name anywhere near the team sheet you know it's a night of bus parking.

Mikel and Matic (cup tied) will almost certainly play, that's a solid deep midfield line. Luiz did us some damage with his distribution from midfield last time, but will probably not play or be dropped to defence.

Back 4 of Spanish lad with the hard to spell name, Ivanovic, Cahill and Cole? It looks more solid than dropping Luiz in at CB but would he really want to rejig 2 spots?

If he does field a significantly weakened side you'd have to wonder if hes trying to get himself sacked. United wouldn't pass on him a second time.

If he does field a significantly weakened side you'd have to wonder if hes trying to get himself sacked. United wouldn't pass on him a second time.

I like that theory.

Watching that game yesterday all I could think was "Isn't this the exact shit that got him fired from Chelsea in the first place?"

I like that theory.

That's the problem with Mourihno though, the narrative around him is that he's super controlled and everything is a manipulation, when it's just as likely that he's just lost the head and spouting bullshit, but you end up coming up with crackpot theories like that.

That Diego Torres book about his time in Madrid is getting an English translation release soon, he was plugging it on Second Captains last Thursday, it sounds like a pretty glorious hatchet job.

Back 4 of Spanish lad with the hard to spell name, Ivanovic, Cahill and Cole? It looks more solid than dropping Luiz in at CB but would he really want to rejig 2 spots?

I think it'll be Terry and Cahill at the back kicking lumps out of anyone near them. I'd imagine we'll be passing it around the box a lot and Suarez will be hunting for penalties, doing his little flicks towards the hand or stepping across the line of tackles. He earned a reputation for diving, but this season he's shown that he can actually win penalties using skill too, which is a pretty mad skill to have if you think about it. It makes defenders cluster around but stand off him, and that opens spaces elsewhere for the through passes. I think my favourite goal of the season so far was Coutinho against City in December, the flick from Suarez is amazing but it's all about the space he makes for Sterling's run.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway I am nervous as fuck about this match but unlike the City game 2 weeks ago, I'm not dreading it... Liverpool are this fucking close, they've played some of the most exciting football in England for a long time, it just feels like que sera, sera, let's see they can do to Chelsea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back