New ManU Thread - hahahahahahaha (2 Viewers)

I'm not sure, it would seem fairer to have the EL winner's spot ring-fenced and not impact on the qualification from leagues, it'd be a bit of a bollocks for the champions if the Europa League winner came from one of the countries that only had a single CL spot.

But Spurs lost out when Chelsea won the CL, and there was that whole rigmarole with Everton when you won it in 05 (both sides getting in on that occasion seemed like the best outcome there)

It is changing as you say. I think it might also be the case that from next season, the winner of the CL also won't take away a place if they finished outside the league's allocation... but I could be wrong.

I think he tends to keep the important elements there all the time. He'll ponce about with a striker, or not a striker, and he's had issues with Kroos, but it's not like he's bringing through the next generation from the youth team.

Mind you, with Martinez and Schwieni back in the team, there might be a bit more impetus in the midfield. I don't think Bayern were bad, once they woke up, they were devastating. It's funny, cos it was close until Bayern went into another gear, and United had no reply. The couldn't do a thing. Brilliant.

Anyway, I don't think they're buckling the swash quite like they were last season. I'd love Athleti to win it now.

they put on rafinha for gotze and reverted to 4-2-3-1, and that opened up the space for the chances that started appearing, but united were absolutely knackered by then too.

the initial formation was mad but it worked, with alaba and lahm listed as full backs but coming narrow and sitting in midfield when they had possession, rather than running the flanks. It meant when united won the ball and punted it long, it was always going out wide into the spaces on the flanks rather than into the congested channels, and so Bayern never got caught out by wellbeck and rooney like they did a few times last week. on the downside, there was fuck all space to attack.

it is interesting comparing it to last season, when they were always set up in the 4-2-3-1 and played on the counter-attack. I too preferred it as a spectacle. It is incredible, what Pep coaches into teams, but let's be honest, it's a bit boring.

they put on rafinha for gotze and reverted to 4-2-3-1, and that opened up the space for the chances that started appearing, but united were absolutely knackered by then too.

the initial formation was mad but it worked, with alaba and lahm listed as full backs but coming narrow and sitting in midfield when they had possession, rather than running the flanks. It meant when united won the ball and punted it long, it was always going out wide into the spaces on the flanks rather than into the congested channels, and so Bayern never got caught out by wellbeck and rooney like they did a few times last week. on the downside, there was fuck all space to attack.

it is interesting comparing it to last season, when they were always set up in the 4-2-3-1 and played on the counter-attack. I too preferred it as a spectacle. It is incredible, what Pep coaches into teams, but let's be honest, it's a bit boring.
It is boring.

Funnily enough, ordinary football has gotten interesting. West Ham on Sunday, playing in the Alardyce way are a case in point. That hoof, all that negativity. It's no longer the mean for teams outside the big lads. Flowing attacking footy is now the way, or at least, lads are trying to play that way. remember Blackpool when they came up a few years ago, and they decided that they'd try and stay up by having a go, rather than sitting back in numbers. Even Pulis seems to have changed his tune at Palace.

I bet that Pep was raging at Robben last night. He's such a selfish cunt, but he was the only on consistently giving United a pain in the hole, probably because he does what he wants. When he sets up a goal and scores one and keeps driving the opposition into corners, what can you do?

Got to start cutting the cloth, and all that. Isn't Jurgen Klopp quite happy at Dortmund?

Alan Pardew should be available in a few weeks.

No, NO!!! MOYES IN!!!!!

david-moyes-loser.jpg

It is boring.

Funnily enough, ordinary football has gotten interesting. West Ham on Sunday, playing in the Alardyce way are a case in point. That hoof, all that negativity. It's no longer the mean for teams outside the big lads. Flowing attacking footy is now the way, or at least, lads are trying to play that way. remember Blackpool when they came up a few years ago, and they decided that they'd try and stay up by having a go, rather than sitting back in numbers. Even Pulis seems to have changed his tune at Palace.

I bet that Pep was raging at Robben last night. He's such a selfish cunt, but he was the only on consistently giving United a pain in the hole, probably because he does what he wants. When he sets up a goal and scores one and keeps driving the opposition into corners, what can you do?

I wouldn't say Pep's brand of football is boring, the Barca let's play without strikers brand of football is boring as fuck, I didn't think the Lahm and Alaba experiment worked at all, they nullified a threat which didn't really exist and when the goal came for United they exploited pretty much the exact space that a proper left back should have been covering. They could have ripped United apart down the flanks but came inside into a forest of players over and over again. When they shifted it around they wiped the floor with them though so it's a moot point I guess.

Schwienstieger is out of the first leg against Real so I'd imagine it'll be Lahm in midfield. It'll be a fucking cracker tactically, it could either be a stalemate or really open, Real are the best counter attacking team in the world the pace they have in there is frightning Bale, Di Maria and Ronaldo and what's more they have the one thing that Pep doesn't seem to totally trust (Mandzukic for example, is seemingly on his way out having not put a foot wrong) and Barca haven't had since Ibra, they have a big strong striker who doesn't drop deep to get the ball. Benzema might only get 6 touches over the two legs but I bet one of them has a huge hand in setting up a goal.

Back to United. Would Giggs be player-manager ? What is this 1986 ?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back