The European Leagues 2013-14 Thread (2 Viewers)

some amazing quotes from Pirlo's autobiography have been appearing here and there. I might even read it.

On Istanbul:
There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It’s a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom. You might hit upon an elegant phrase that stays with you and makes the journey that little bit less bitter. I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t managed to get beyond these words: for fuck’s sake.

On being summoned to meet Pep:
Manel Estiarte in a previous life had been the best water polo player of all time. Only the second man in history capable of walking on water.

"Andrea, come with me. The coach wants to meet you."

I struggled to recognise him without his swimming cap but then I looked at him again and got a whiff of chlorine.

"OK then, vamos."

On nearly transferring to Barca:
Nobody had said a thing to me until then. Without even knowing, I was the object of some remarkable negotiations in the football luxury goods market...

The discussions went on for a while and, ultimately, Milan didn't give in. I suppose it was always going to go like that. Back then, they still thought I had all my faculties....

Rotten week for Barcelona, out of the league, out of the CL and they lost the cup final.
Not to mention a transfer ban for the next year.
Yeah it's fucking class isn't it ?

Gaz Bale has just scored some goal for Real against Barca. He's a fast cunt altogether, isn't he?

His second and third touches were like he'd never seen a football before though, how he managed to score it is beyond me. Pepe's marking for the equaliser though, fuck sake what a useless cunt.

some amazing quotes from Pirlo's autobiography have been appearing here and there. I might even read it.

On Istanbul:

On being summoned to meet Pep:

On nearly transferring to Barca:
Didn't he also say the the best invention was the wheel, second place is the Playstation II ?

I reckon the lad in the red boots, looks like Fabregas maybe, could have got in and stopped him with a slide tackle inside the box if he'd bothered his arse chasing back instead of fucking jogging like a striker. Maybe it was Xavi? Cause he has fuck all steam left in him at the start of a game, let alone near the end of one

I reckon the lad in the red boots, looks like Fabregas maybe, could have got in and stopped him with a slide tackle inside the box if he'd bothered his arse chasing back instead of fucking jogging like a striker. Maybe it was Xavi? Cause he has fuck all steam left in him at the start of a game, let alone near the end of one
If we're going there, then Bartra should have taken him out of the game, rather than just kinda stand in his way like a Spanish teenager at a bus stop. Pinto could have been less of a clown too. But hey. Great goal.

Sometimes there is no coping with pace.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Listen to Mark Lawrenson. Fucking sick, unbiased commentary my arse.

Bales second touch was a joke for that goal though. Amazing pace though fair enough.

Watched the Atletico - Elche game just now. Finished 2-0 but Atletico did their best not to win it. Poor finishing, Villa missed a penno
3 more wins and it's there's. I'm worried to be honest. If the last 3 games were Real, Barca and Ajax from 1972 they'd be certainties but the lesser teams seem to bother them. That's what happens when a team plays with more heart and balls than head and feet.

They're the merseysiders (Both sides) of Spain.

3 more wins and it's there's. I'm worried to be honest. If the last 3 games were Real, Barca and Ajax from 1972 they'd be certainties but the lesser teams seem to bother them. That's what happens when a team plays with more heart and balls than head and feet.

They're the merseysiders (Both sides) of Spain.

I wonder if they need win in the final game will Barca just throw it to screw Real.

Sometimes there is no coping with pace.

Listen to Mark Lawrenson. Fucking sick, unbiased commentary my arse.

Bales second touch was a joke for that goal though. Amazing pace though fair enough.

"Did you see Gareth Bale, of Real of Madrid, Spain, score a goal against Barcelona, of Spain, in a cup match, in Spain, this week, in 2014?"

"Yes, and I'm reminded of a Liverpool game from nearly ten years ago. Listen to this disgrace."

Yawn.

"Did you see Gareth Bale, of Real of Madrid, Spain, score a goal against Barcelona, of Spain, in a cup match, in Spain, this week, in 2014?"

"Yes, and I'm reminded of a Liverpool game from nearly ten years ago. Listen to this disgrace."

Yawn.
So what you can't mention great goals by players who score against Liverpool or mention the bias of ex-Liverpool players in the media anymore ?

Fuck sake so I can't post this

"Dare I mention a Liverpool player"

We expect fuck all else at this stage mate.

Hansen, Whelan, Beglin, Fowler, Hamann, Lawernson, Thompson, Carragher, No Liverpool bias ?

Kop on lads.

geddit ? Kop on ? Dya get it ?

Ha ? ha ? Ha?

;)

Still prefer if you'se lot win it rather than Chelski though. Good luck tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back