Alex Chilton dies (1 Viewer)

Was a while back, can't remember the year as my memory is shit. Was him and the drummer, chris bell, and guys from the posies or someone like that filling in the other parts.

My favorite part was an unrehearsed cover of Wouldn't it Be Nice with the posies guys bum noting their way through trying to keep up with Alex's chord changes, was such good fun and kind of apt as Al Jardine taught him how to play guitar. Great days

!ninjaaaa

Just googled it, August 2001. I was in Australia. Sounded like a good night.

My favorite part was an unrehearsed cover of Wouldn't it Be Nice with the posies guys bum noting their way through trying to keep up with Alex's chord changes, was such good fun and kind of apt as Al Jardine taught him how to play guitar. Great days

cough* Carl Wilson not Al (sorry, my inner geek made me do it)

They played that in London 2 years ago and it was the same scenario. Guess they never bothered to learn it or just like it that way.

looks like a tribute is happening at SXSW - http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/mar/18/music-world-friends-fans-pay-tribute-memphis-legen/

awful news..my favourite

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i had a tape of them doing reunion gig from 94 or 95, it was fuckin great. apart from Mission Of Burma, i can't think of a single band where reforming wasn't a total waste of time. RIP

WiRE

The tour where they played (almost) only songs from their first three records was amazing!

Eventually got to watch Nothing Can Hurt Me - what a heartbreaker. Will be picking up that Alex Chilton book soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back