new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

The comparison I'm making between the two are that people went to a football match and died, and regardless of the circumstances of their death, that's a tragedy.

It's 30 years next year. That's a bit of a biggie. Be nice if they had a special day to commemorate it. They're big enough to tweet bollocks about Munich. Hopefully we'll have a bit of photoshop remembering some other people who just wanted to enjoy a footy match. That's all.

cool, sorry for over-reacting.

Sunderland are on a roll right now. Can't see them leaving Stamford Bridge with anything less than a 3-0 win. I mean, why not/ everything else is going our way.

YOU MISSED YOUR GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO POST "I AM A PRICK, LIVERPOOL ARE SHITE" SORT OF STUFF!
I hardly think me saying "I AM A PRICK" would cause anyone to raise an eyebrow at all. And I'm sure if you wanted, you could find thousands of posts in this thread where I've said exactly that. However, if he were to post "Cormcolash is the funniest guy on this forum," that would look decidedly odd, would it not?

Does anyone know any details of this plan?

Particularly what will be done with the boarded up houses?

Liverpool sign heads of terms on road to Anfield stadium redevelopment | Football | theguardian.com

I worked with these people on the redevelopment of Fenway Park in Boston. I'm surprised those streets aren't filled with bars/restaurants and merchandise huts.

I believe the streets parallel to the main stand are going to be knocked down, partly because they will extend the stand behind the existing stand while still using it (as you probably know as I think they did that to Fenway?), and the rest because the new stand would be blocking out the daylight.

At the minute I imagine that's all dead space because the existing things are good, the empty buildings are unsafe, and there's no need to walk up and down them to get to either end of the ground so it's not going to get much passing trade anyway. also there are a number of famous LFC pubs on the walton breck road like the Park and the Albert. There's a huge merchandise shop outside the kop end that sells all the crap off the website, and on match days there are plenty of vendors all over the place outside the stadium. there's also a small shop space run by the JFT96 campaign on walton breck road that is pretty special.

I think there is going to be a sort of "retail-led plaza thing" in the area. I really hope it doesn't fuck with the traditional pubs. I can't imagine they've not thought about that, but it's not going to be the same.

We worked with a woman called Janet Marie Smith who squeezed every inch out of the existing space. The woman put seats everywhere.

They knew they wouldn't be let knock down the existing stadium, so they improvised with what they had.

We didn't necessarily use any new space, but we did cantilever out over the street behind the 'green monster'. It used to be just a wall, now it has the most prized barstool seats above it. You can be a barstool supporter and still be watching the game! :)

Janet got the heave-ho thought when John Henry got married. Linda Pizzutti (my ex-landlady!) took over renovations, but in fairness the work had mostly been done.

IMG_5899_web2.jpg

Green_Monster.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back