• Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3
heading later in the week

just starting to look into what to do now

any recommendations?

decent record stores?

very fond of expressionist paintings, which galleries might be best for that?

sound
Stay at The Tent, Drink in the Hofbrauhaus and the beer garden in the Englischer Garten.

The main strip of museums is next to the Englischer Garten, the modern art gallery there should be able to help you find the independent smaller galleries and as you'd expect the gallery itself has a great range of modern german stuff like Richter, the Beckers etc. When I was there it had a Robert Mapplethorpe retrospective but it was his portrait work rather than the bullwhip up the arse stuff so i wasn't that impressed. There's a state museum that houses loads of design, engineering and industrial exhibits which is actually pretty amazing, like a science museum mixed with a weird natural history museum. It's air conditioned that was the main thing I loved about it, I'll get to that later.

Go to a warehouse party if you can, they're fucking mental. Pills were cheap and fucking mind blowing. I didn't stay too long because I was a bit freaked by the amount of half naked gay body builders and because a mate of mine convinced me before I went that gingers were a major fetish there. To be fair I should have milked them for every free drink I could get, but like I said, mind blowing pills.

I was there in July and it was 40 degrees every day with no wind at all, not sure when you're there but be prepared it get's ridiculously oppressively hot.

Eat everything, it's all amazing, especially the Italian food.

Munich has a craft beer bar now if you're into that. My friends that live there a very excited that they can now drink ale.

I've gone to Andechs the two times I've been to Munich. You get the train out of the city (maybe 45 mins or so). Grab a beer to go at the station, walk up a hill and through a forest (takes maybe 30 mins or a bit longer) until you reach the monastery / brewery. Eat and drink lots. Great scenery. Pick up a dirt cheap 6 pack of mixed beers from the brewery for the trip back to the city.

Munich has a craft beer bar now if you're into that. My friends that live there a very excited that they can now drink ale.

I've gone to Andechs the two times I've been to Munich. You get the train out of the city (maybe 45 mins or so). Grab a beer to go at the station, walk up a hill and through a forest (takes maybe 30 mins or a bit longer) until you reach the monastery / brewery. Eat and drink lots. Great scenery. Pick up a dirt cheap 6 pack of mixed beers from the brewery for the trip back to the city.
cool, thanks

i do like ale

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back