Prosperity on RTE last night (1 Viewer)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
Written by Mark O'Halloran and directed by Lenny Abrahamson, (Adam and Paul) 'Prosperity' follows the lives of four people living on the fringes of the Celtic Tiger.

New RTE drama. The prospects are never good, but having not seen A&P, I gave it a go. Jesus fucking Christ. Yet another ham acted, amateurly written piece of dross from the cesspit of RTE broadcasting. I should have expected it but it still comes as a shock when you see the crap they commission. It looked nicely shot, edited etc; whatever. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but God it's just the same shite again.

wasn't really expecting much from it considering RTÉ's track record with this sort of thing. not the worst thing they've ever done, but yeah... not great at all. seemed reasonably well shot etc. but let down by some pretty shit acting I felt...

haven't seen adam & paul; a friend reckons it's a good movie though.

wasn't really expecting much from it considering RTÉ's track record with this sort of thing. not the worst thing they've ever done, but yeah... not great at all. seemed reasonably well shot etc. but let down by some pretty shit acting I felt...

haven't seen adam & paul; a friend reckons it's a good movie though.

Brilliant film. Well worth a rent or buy, you can get it really cheap €7 or so.

I meant to watch this. Purely as a matter of interest. 'Cos they have a good track record.

But missed it. But now I get to see just how good/bad it is! 'Cos they've put it online:-
http://www.rte.ie/tv/prosperity/episodes.html

(Of course, it doesn't work on Firefox on the Mac - for fuxsake RTÉ... Time to boot up windoze then...)

The prospects are never good, but having not seen A&P, I gave it a go..

I thought A&P was great, really funny and really grim at the same time. And really beautifully shot, good score.... Probably the best Irish film I've seen in years (not that I've seen many since I've been living in England)

It was very well shot but what a bag of shite it turned out to be. Such weak characters.
I will give next weeks episode a chance tho.....could be good, being shot in Ballymun Flats n all.

Adam & Paul is a bag of shite also.

Adam and Paul is pretty good, pretty funny. Most Irish drama lacks a ring of truth, one brutal thing they do in alot of series is use obviously middle class actors to play working class characters (badly). It's cringy. I remember thinking Family was class when I was younger but I think that was a British production.

didn't see this but i wouldn't expect much, adam and paul was fairly lame. a few laughs but thats about it. expected a lot more having read all the hype but i just felt it had a bachelors walk buzz about it. i wanted something grittier.

Just watched it on the rte site.

Grimsville. Flat, doomed characterisations. Everything so hopeless that the plot has withered away.

Fine, up to a point. It didn't take any risks, but did succeed on its own terms. Unfortunately its terms were quite limited - a monosyllabic single mother wanders around Dublin 7 for a day, the end.

The Dublin geography was almost accurate, except that she kept going to Smithfield to get to the Drumcondra end of the NCR.

The middle class actors did the working class thing quite well, but they all had their moments of slippage.

Cinematography was good, direction was good, script thin but not bad.

And the trailer for next week looked more promising. It'll be one of those 4 stories in one day series, so things could pick up...

didn't see this but i wouldn't expect much, adam and paul was fairly lame. a few laughs but thats about it. expected a lot more having read all the hype but i just felt it had a bachelors walk buzz about it. i wanted something grittier.

Exactly. It was unrealisitc and over-romanticised. its about 2 dublin junkies for fuck sake.
I wanted a bit more real. They should of had a scene where they fight over a cup of tea for 45 minutes.

The Family was great. Would love to see it again.

I wouldn't mind seeing Family. It has Sean McGinley in it and the whole series was directed by Michael Winterbottom who is one of the best British film-makers working today. New film out this month actually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back