Meeting People (8 Viewers)

I find that women younger than me have 0% interest in me's older than them by about 4 years.
the trick is to pay their college fees and give them money. Apparently this is a thing now. You 'connect' with young ladies on an internet site, you basically give them shitloads of money and in return they give you 'friendship'.

but its not prostitution and its not exploitative, or anything like that, oh no

I heard about this on drivetime believe it or not

the trick is to pay their college fees and give them money. Apparently this is a thing now. You 'connect' with young ladies on an internet site, you basically give them shitloads of money and in return they give you 'friendship'.

I don't have any money and I'm old. There must be a site for affluent young students to support aging men somewhere, as we are gunning for equal rights and all that.

I find that women younger than me have 0% interest in me's older than them by about 4 years.

No way, I've certainly noticed far less younger guys dating older women, but most of the couples I know disprove this and the guy is a lot older. Different strokes for different folks etc.

No way, I've certainly noticed far less younger guys dating older women, but most of the couples I know disprove this and the guy is a lot older. Different strokes for different folks etc.

Yeah, this is usually the norm.

Women generally have different priorities in seeking a partner.

I've read a few things about this on a few irish newspapers alright. I'm yet to find anyone who will admit to being involved in it but maybe all my male friends are too poor and female friends too, uh, full of self esteem? Or it wasn't around when they were young and desperate. It sounds like a great way for lads in their 40's to meet 18 year olds though.... I guess

Last edited:
I've read a few things about this on a few irish newspapers alright. I'm yet to find anyone who will admit to being involved in it but maybe all my male friends are too poor and female friends too, uh, full of self esteem? Or it wasn't around when they were young and desperate. It sounds like a great way for lads in their 40's to meet 18 year olds though.... I guess

I don't think a female doing this necessitates low self esteem.

I think I mean that we don't date in Ireland. We go out and get hammered on a regular basis. But then who am I to know what I meant.

I guess what's interesting is that social media basically destroyed "dating" culture, and now is sort of completely bringing it back. People who go on dates now only ever seem to have met on Tinder or POF.

Actually that is really interesting at all, is it.

Yeah, true that. I wasn't thinking straight. Does it take a certain type of female person to go along with that kind of thing? And I don't just mean "SHE HAS TO BE HOT AND POOR" because there's more to it than that. Or at least I would think there was

Yeah, true that. I wasn't thinking straight. Does it take a certain type of female person to go along with that kind of thing? And I don't just mean "SHE HAS TO BE HOT AND POOR" because there's more to it than that.

Hm, I guess it does to an extent, but probably has a lot of different types of people and reasons behind it. I'd be willing to wager most of the girls actually didn't do it out of desperation for money/lonliness though!

Right. It's just different priorities and values.

I know it's a cliche about strippers and college, but you'd have think there's plenty that have made a financial choice or just looking for some damn adventure.

Not necessarily harmful to put a dollar value on your sexual capital.

Right. It's just different priorities and values.

I know it's a cliche about strippers and college, but you'd have think there's plenty that have made a financial choice or just looking for some damn adventure.

Not necessarily harmful to put a dollar value on your sexual capital.

I don't know if I'd necessarily put it that way, maybe other than to say that there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of those who think they can put dollar value on your sexuality. It's a funny one, some women enjoy it and find it liberating, some are forced into it and subjected to the many horrendous and dangerous sides of the sex industry. Anyway conversation for another day!

Hm, I guess it does to an extent, but probably has a lot of different types of people and reasons behind it. I'd be willing to wager most of the girls actually didn't do it out of desperation for money/lonliness though!
right yeah.

It reminds me of this kind of thing:

Terry Richardson Is Creepy: Jamie Peck's Story Of Sexual Harassment

A world of beautiful young women and rich, powerful men that's so far away from anything I have ever known it may as well not exist.

My own personal story of listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs when I was 19 is mainly just about me and a few friends drinking cans down by the canal.

It might be my age etc but I'm pretty sure I've never been any part or witness to dating culture in Ireland.

I went on a fair few unspoken dates, that were kinda "um ah sure we'll head down to that show there and see what happens" kind of of arragements, but I always sort of thought of them as dates that no one wanted to call dates for fear of rejection.

Ryan Tubridy was chatting to some if these young wans recently. It sounded like it was essentially just for money - if the money stops so does the relationship (in most cases st least)

Ryan Tubridy was chatting to some if these young wans recently. It sounded like it was essentially just for money - if the money stops so does the relationship (in most cases st least)

Sounds fair enough from their perspective. I guess my main problem is with the lads who think it's ok to pay them in the hope of sex. That's a grim sounding existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back