Mine's a Pinter! (1 Viewer)

the bearded lady

Website
www.joanofarse.net
Don't know why I'm sticking this here, all you lot seem to be interested in is shit TV; arts and culture me hole!

any road, I was at those recent 4 x Pinter short plays in Pearse House, all of them about torture, and I thought they were the best thing I've been at in the last 12 months or so. Really fucking winded you. I even brought along a little man from Thumped with me for a date and we both had to change our jocks afterwards, and that was before we got to our Hostel room.

it really was powerful and moving, just what you want from a night out, or indeed, a laxative.

did anyone else witness and enjoy/detest?

Is the run over? because I'd have really liked to see this. and if it is over then nice gloating there beardo.

sorry if it does sound a bit gloaty, wasn't meant to. I was just trying to see what people thought of it if they'd been too. But also, I was trying to get some kind of discussion going that was actually Arts and Culture related but that wasn't about some fucking TV series that I've never seen nor have any wish to see, or about film trailers for shit films, or book club rants. I don't get to check Thumped too often but whenever I look in on this part of the Forum it does mainly seem to be about those couple of things. I mean, poor ol' Louis Le Brocquy's death didn't even get a mention as of my checking about two days ago, either on this section or on the Dead People thread, yet some cunt who changed a guitar string for The Angry Samoans ONCE is mourned like a lost loved one.

Brother Louis, Louis,Louis,
I love you, man.
(It's how he would've wanted to be remembered.)

Harsh but fair.

s'not meant to be harsh. not really. was more just to see would people write about exhibitions/plays/readings/talks etc. they've been too and not just TV and shit films they'd watched. Also, radio shows, documentaries, plays etc. they've listened too.
Broaden the scope of what this here part of the forum is meant to be about. I'm sure TV Quick have a forum too.

Wellll the last play I saw was Pygmalion in the gate many years ago, and those tickets were a present.... Actually that's the only play i've ever been to.

Unless musicals count?

of course they count! not that i'm much of a fan.

but i'm not just talking about this particular Pinter thing or indeed just plays as one art-form to be considered, but anything that's going on, especially if it's still currently showing (again, sorry for posting about Pinter having gone to the last night) so that rims like me can perhaps use it as a way of becoming aware of something that's on, and also as a way of informing our opinions if we happen to trust the person posting.

but at least it'll be an objective view and not just some P.R. bollox.

You're married. You know how it goes.

Mama Mia, that was another one. Made the trip to London to see it, too. Sigh.

I went to My Cousin Rachel on Monday night and would highly recommend that for anyone who feels the theatre is boring or unengaging. Excellent adaptation and performances.

went to the grand canal theatre last weekend to see The MMRR*.

A more subtle and devestating deconsruction of post war, post eu really, relationships I've not yet seen. It plumbed the darkest depths and scaled the highest heights. I was a wreck by the end.
And when Donald Duck did his big Kaboom...my word.

*Mickey Mouse's Rockin' Roadshow

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back