Game to close 277 shops - 2,100 jobs to go (1 Viewer)

Sorry to see so many people lose their jobs, but not sorry to see Game go. In the last few years, they've become an awful place to shop.
Yup.

Went into Game to check what bundles thay had for the Vita a week before release. Was told they didn't have any yet, and possibly wouldn't have any at all. So off I went to HMV and got a deal from them. Went into Game on release day (I had a voucher) to buy a Vita game, manager tried to sell me a console. I explained how I had went to them first, but they had no deals so I went elsewhere. He enquired about the price (HMV was better), then asked if I had a game card. I said I did, then he smugly said to me 'Well you've done yourself out of money there if you'd have bought with us.'

I had to stop myself from being a prick back, I just smiled and left.

Also last time I tried to trade some games in the offers they made me were stupidly low. Went over to HMV again, got more for one game than Game were going to offer me for three.

in fairness that might say as much about HMV's business model as it does about Game's

Well my point was more that the week before launch of a new console they had no bundle planned, then ridiculded me on release day for not taking them up on their non-existant bundle.

Friend of mine works in one of the Dublin stores, told she's not getting redundancy or final pay, they're talking about a sit in at the minute.

Re the bundles or lack thereof apparently a number of game manufacturers have cut them off in the last couple of months, EA, Ubisoft etc. Perhaps they didn't have anything to bundle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back