Poor young guy murdered a few doors away from me (2 Viewers)

whathappen?

Jesus , some poor young guy was stabbed to death last night , only a few doors down from my flat.The road is closed off while 3 detectives search the area.It is so sad . To think while nearly everyone around here was asleep this fella was lying on the street dying.

the street i live on in london is nicknamed murder mile. there's so much talk about knife crime in the british media but i've never once felt unsafe walking around the area at night. i suppose the violence is happening amongst young males in gangs

there was one on Francis St (i think) last night too, the guys still in hospital, but sounds like he'll be ok.
there's been an insane number of stabbing around where i live, in my estate alone there's been at least 10 really bad ones that i can remember, four fatalities. thankfully im out of here any day now, seeing someone killed when you're a kid tends to be a bit of a head fuck, not something i ever want my daughter to go through, which she will if we stay here much longer.
people are fuck up.

Any time there's a gang related murder in the news, a woman in my work says "good" or something similar. She reckons the more criminals die the better. I get really angry and never know where to start with my response so I just end up looking stupid.

I know Limerick has problems, but they seem to be mostly gang related, Cork really has a problem with random violence. In fact I'd say if you subtracted the gang violence out of the national crime stats Cork would probably finish way ahead of Limerick and possibly Dublin too.

cork is no where near as bad as dublin or limerick excluding gang crime.

I'm not so sure about that. Up to 3 or 4 years ago, according to the stats, both Cork and Galway had more violent crime than Limerick.

Limerick has shot ahead in the stats in recent years, but again if you take the gang stuff out I'd say Cork would be ahead.

I kind of fits with my impression of nights out in Limerick, Dublin and Cork. There is a air of menace around Patrick St. & Oliver Plunkett St. at night I don't see in Limerick at all.

can honestly say i'v never felt unsafe anywhere in cork city. can't say the same for limerick or dublin. maybe i'm just used to living there tho.

cyril-kvanagh-sombrero1.jpg
cork is no where near as bad as dublin or limerick excluding gang crime.

Heard about this on the radio this morning, bloody hell. Well I'm originally from Cork and have been hopped fuckin loads there! A friend of mine was cycling his bike somewhere up near Deer park there about 6 months ago and he got attacked and died of his injuries 2 days later.

But in saying all that, I suppose everywhere has there fair share of wackers and skangers.

Limerick has shot (haha) ahead in the stats in recent years, but again if you take the gang stuff out I'd say Cork would be ahead.

There is a air of menace around Patrick St. & Oliver Plunkett St. at night I don't see in Limerick at all.

I would agree with this. Patrick st is a no-go area for me any time after 11 on a Friday or Saturday. Having said that, I would feel equally uneasy walking around O'Connell st in Dublin at the same times. I've never been out in Rimlick so can't really say.

I'd say if you took out the gang-related stuff in Limerick and Dublin then the crime levels in each of the 3 cities would be roughly proportional to their size. How come Cork have no gangs though? I think i've just spotted a gap in the market.

I'd say if you took out the gang-related stuff in Limerick and Dublin then the crime levels in each of the 3 cities would be roughly proportional to their size.
Last time I looked at the stats Limerick and Galway were similar with Cork slightly ahead and then sections of Dublin waaaaay waaaaay waaaay ahead.

(we are talking crime rates here too ie crimes per 1000 people or whatever exact measurement they use)

How come Cork have no gangs though? I think i've just spotted a gap in the market.
I think this has something to do with the 2 Limerick gangs controlling much of the drug traffic throughout the southwest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back