Minor complaints thread (17 Viewers)

Yeah Tidal. Are you telling me the internets is wrong?
Spotify pay out 70% of their revenue, so on a standard Irish Spotify subscription ~EUR7.70 gets paid out. How can Tidal pay out 4 times that amount when their subscription costs the exact same?

Everyone focuses on per-stream numbers, but they're a total red herring.

Spotify pay out 70% of their revenue, so on a standard Irish Spotify subscription ~EUR7.70 gets paid out. How can Tidal pay out 4 times that amount when their subscription costs the exact same?

Everyone focuses on per-stream numbers, but they're a total red herring.
why is it a red-herring?

If I stream my favourite twee song from my favourite twee indie-bedwetter band 27 times, and the per-stream pay out is 4x with tidal than with Spotify, by what logic will they receive more for my streams with Spotify than with Tidal?

I know the answer. My favourite band will get more with Tidal but its still fuck all, and most of the 7.70 Spotify subscription goes to Taylor Swift.

It's a red herring because your favourite band won't actually get more with Tidal.

According to this Tidal calculates its payouts in the exact same way Spotify does.

The average-per-stream payout difference is because Spotify has a free tier and Tidal doesn't, plus Tidal is available in fewer poor countries. Tidal seem like a better deal for artists, but it really isn't

You do realise that the less you pay for Spotify the less artists get out of it, right? @nuke terrorist is living on social welfare, so he has an excuse
I pay full price for an Apple Music family subscription, but the kid wants Spotify premium because that’s what her friends use and share playlists on. Taylor Swift and Harry Styles will just have to cope with one more Indian-rated contribution. Oh no.

I paid ~€25 for a Green Lung tshirt at their merch table a couple of weeks ago. How many Spotify Ireland vs Spotify India stream royalties do you think their mark up is worth?

I pay full price for an Apple Music family subscription, but the kid wants Spotify premium because that’s what her friends use and share playlists on. Taylor Swift and Harry Styles will just have to cope with one more Indian-rated contribution. Oh no.

I paid ~€25 for a Green Lung tshirt at their merch table a couple of weeks ago. How many Spotify Ireland vs Spotify India stream royalties do you think their mark up is worth?
I should have known better than to cast aspersions. Sorry @pete !

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back